I have been working on this sign for Saige’s room for quite some time and I am finally done.  It’s not that it was hard or should have taken this long but I procrastinated and then would do a couple stitches here and there – well finally I am ready to hang it!  I am so thrilled with how it turned out. 

 

I used some old linen and cotton tea napkins ( I think that’s what they are) I just think they were so sweet and I’ve been saving them with the intent to either add them to a quilt or something and when I decided to do a sign with her name to hang over her bed ( in earthquake country you can’t have anything that could harm you hanging over your bed- even if we didn’t like in California I would be too afraid to hang anything heavy over the bed? I thought these were the perfect things to use. 

I originally thought I would just embroider the initials, but you know how that goes, it never ends up being that simple.  After I got the letters embroidered I thought, I can’t stop there, I need to add a little bit of this a little bit of that.  So I just added the flowers, birds, butterflies and dragonflies.  I’m glad I did. 

I had some leftover fabric from her curtain so I attached it to that and sewed some pretty ribbon for hanging, made a slot for a dowel rod and … there you have it, finally!  I hope this is something that can grow with her. *I do need a longer dowel rod – so that’s the last thing to finalize- but it’s pretty much done!

 

Just wanted to share.